The Barclays Center has brought entertainment and excitement back to Brooklyn! It is quickly setting the standard for thrilling entertainment and sporting events.
photo credit: IMG_2484 via photopin (license)
After opening in September 2012, the Barclays Center has brought premiere entertainment back to the borough of Brooklyn. For what seems like forever, Madison Square Garden was the only game in NYC for sporting events and concerts. But now that light is shining in Brooklyn as well.
Fun Facts about the Barclays Center
- Opened in September 2012, with 8 sold out Jay-Z concerts
- Located at the crossroads of Atlantic and Flatbush Avenues
- Home of the Brooklyn Nets
- Future home of the New York Islanders (2015)
- Maximum capacity of 18,000 fans for concerts
- Offers 101 Luxury Suites, 4 Bars/Lounges, 4 Clubs and Jay-Z's 40/40 Club and Restaurant
Upcoming Events at the Barclays Center
- Co-host of the NBA All-Star Weekend, February 13th though February 15th
- Chris Brown and Trey Songz, February 16th
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents CIRCUS XTREME, February 19th through March 1st
With so much to offer, it is no surprise that the Barclays Center has received extensive critical acclaim, been issued many awards and become one of the best venues in the country. We hope that you make it out to one of the many great events being hosted at the Barclays Center. It is truly an experience that you will not forget!
As one would expect with NYC, parking in Brooklyn is scarce and expensive. We suggest that you reserve your parking online so you can browse various options and remove some of the stress that goes along with searching for parking.
Parking Panda is free and available on the go with our newly redesigned iOS, Android, and Windows apps.