The Maryland Fleet Week and Air Show: Titans of the Sea, Rulers of the Sky
The Maryland Fleet Week and Air Show arrives in Baltimore's Inner Harbor this week, bringing with it 13 of the most nation's most impressive naval vessels, high-flying stunt jets, and a four-day festival celebrating Baltimore's rich maritime history.
Massive warships and smaller technical boats will be docked along the Harbor's walls and piers, offering tours from 1pm - 6pm through Sunday. The Navy's newest destroyer battleship, the USS Zumwalt, will be commissioned in an exciting ceremony on Saturday at 5pm.
To complement the seafaring vessels, a high-flying air show capped off by the Navy's Blue Angel stunt pilots will take place above Fort McHenry on Saturday and Sunday between 1pm and 4pm. The show should be visible from most places around the city. Test flights above the Harbor itself will be performed on Thursday and Friday between noon and 4pm.
A festival with food vendors, exhibitors, live music, and even a beer garden will be held each day in the surrounding Harbor area from 1pm - 6pm. A full list of activities surrounding the festival can be found by clicking here.
Fleet Week will bring thousands of tourists and locals alike into Baltimore's downtown area. If you decide to drive to the area yourself, you'll want to figure out parking ahead of time. Parking Panda offers pre-paid parking reservations at over 30 lots and garage within easy walking distance of the Inner Harbor. Book a spot ahead of time and you'll know exactly where you're parking, how much it will cost, and that a space will be awaiting your arrival.
Baltimore Running Festival Could Create Chaos Downtown
The Baltimore Running Festival will be taking place simultaneously on Saturday morning (10/15), creating a jam-packed downtown Baltimore.
Necessary traffic preparations and road closures for theBaltimore Running Festival will undoubtedly create chaos downtown.
A full list of road closures for Saturday, courtesy of the Baltimore Sun can be found below. Click here for complete traffic information.
- Paca Street from Pratt to Lombard Street 5:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Camden Street from Paca to Howard Streets 6 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street from Lee to Pratt Streets 6 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Eutaw Street from Pratt to Camden Streets 7 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- Russell Street at Hamburg Street 7 a.m. – 10 a.m.
- Hamburg Street Bridge from Russell to Leadenhall Streets 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Key Highway from Cross to Light Streets 8 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Light Street from Lombard Street to Key Highway 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Light Street from Hughes Street to Key Highway 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Southbound Jones Falls Expressway exit ramp to 28th Street 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Have questions or need help booking a parking spot? Give our customer support team a call at 1-800-232-6415!
Parking Panda is free and available on the go with our iOS, Android, and Windows apps.